August 22, 2010

I survived!

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all those who supported me during the 40 hour famine! I have so far raised over $300 which is amazing, so thank you to you know who you are!

Going without food, the internet or my mobile phone for 40 hours was my way to help raise awareness of the Global Food Crisis and it also made me see how I don't really need to use my mobile or the internet to survive in this world. I do know that I rely on my computer much more than my phone, so if I didn't have a mobile I wouldn't be too fussed!! Also, what did we do before all this technology came into our lives??

It was great to see so many people giving up things in their lives to help make a difference to those who need it more. I was really surprised to hear of a grade that decided to not speak for the whole day at school and according to their teacher, they survived as well, and raised $280!

Well done to them and to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment